RASP cybersecurity stands for Runtime Application Self-Protection RASP. It is a new security solution that enables businesses to thwart attempts by hackers to breach workplace systems and data.
In this post, we will know more about RASP cybersecurity and how it helps overall cyber protection.
What is RASP Cybersecurity?
RASP is a new development in the world of cybersecurity. With RASP Cybersecurity, businesses can protect their data and systems regardless of how they access them.
Moreover, RASP is a hardware and software solution that provides data protection regardless of the location or method of entry (malware, phishing, and insider threats).
RASP Cybersecurity Solutions:
RASP cybersecurity combines RASP hardware and software. The hardware component is FIDO (Field Identification Device for Operation). Which acts as an intrusion detection system (IDS). The software portion is FSP (Field Security Platform). Which is also a security agent which protects applications, databases, and operating systems from any attempt to breach the network.
The FIDO hardware component should be at the user’s workstation to monitor them for any malicious activity. It can be in the server room to detect malicious activity in servers or storage devices. It can also be at other locations where security breaches are prone to happen.
FSP software uses virtualization techniques to execute applications in a secure environment, without affecting performance. It manages the lifecycle of each application via profiles that are based on rules. When users log into their computer or launch an application, it checks if it matches any rule associated with that particular profile. If there is no match then it runs the application normally. Otherwise it executes the rule set associated with the profile creating a ‘sandboxed’ environment for each application.
RASP is a hardware and software solution that provides data protection regardless of the location or method of entry (malware, phishing, and insider threats).
Benefits of RASP Cybersecurity:
- It provides complete control over applications and the ability to inspect the entire application lifecycle.
- Inspects any system or application that the network connect with and detect any malicious activity.
- Protects applications from any compromise by controlling all activities related to each application.
- Offers real-time security through runtime execution of application profiles. And it offers complete control to IT managers’ overall applications running on the network.
- It offers zero performance overhead.
- Can protect any system, database, or application that is connected to the network irrespective of the operating system, the database system, or the application architecture
- Provides data protection regardless of the location or method of entry (malware, phishing, and insider threats).
- Provides complete control over applications and the ability to inspect the entire application lifecycle.
Conclusion: RASP Cybersecurity Works
RASP cybersecurity works on the fundamental concept of monitoring the entire application lifecycle. It ensures data protection irrespective of where the application is hosted, whether it is on-premises, in the cloud, or hybrid environments.
So, if you are looking for a solution that protects any system or application that is connected to the network then RASP Cybersecurity is the right solution for your business.