With the rapid growth in technologies, cybercrimes also increase. So, the cybersecurity business becomes in demand also.
So let us learn some tips for starters in the cybersecurity business.
Cybersecurity Business In 2020
The demand for cyber professionals or services is really high and pricey. That some companies are willing to pay the average amount of $150/hour or even higher.
Moreover, it depends on the expertise and experience of the professional.
That is why many companies or even individuals want to create a cybersecurity business. For the reason that it pays a good amount.
And I think it’s not a bad idea. As we all know that our era is more and more engage in technologies.
So here are some a problem that usually occurs in the cyberworld.
- Malicious Software
- Data Breaches
- Identity theft
- Phishing scams
So what we need to start our cybersecurity business?
The Right Professional Certificate
So of course, before anything else, you need to have the certification. So they can trust you that you can do the job right.
Having a bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science is a good sign that you may have the skillset.
Yet, it your entry ticket. You also need certifications. Certifications if an extra way to create your credibility and signal skills.
So listed below are few certifications that are available:
- Certified Ethical Hacker: Exam cost over $100 and consist of 125 questions. This question takes roughly 4 hours to complete.
- GIAC Security Essentials: Exam cost over $150 and consist of 180 questions. This question takes roughly 5 hours to complete.
- The CISSP: Stands for Certified Information System Security Professional. The exam costs over $599 and consists of 125 questions. This question takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
- The CompTIA CySA+: This is for assessing the applicant’s threat detection capability to analyze the data. The exam costs over $359 and consists of 85 questions. These questions take 2-3 hours to complete.
- The CGEIT: Stands for Certified in the Governance of Enterprise this is provides by the ISACA. Exam cost over $760 for nonmembers and $575 for members. It consists of 150 questions. This question takes roughly 4 hours to complete.
Develop A Business Plan
The business plan should have the following
- Structure of the companies
- Its Strategies
- Budget plan
- And more important information.
Also, here are some useful guidelines for planning your business structure.
- Produce a summarization of your cybersecurity business. Also, why it will be strong.
- A complete description of your company.
- A legal formation
- What are the products or services that your company will offer?
- The marketing strategies
- Your Sales approach
- Also, the budget plan and funding.
- Identify your competitors.
- Have a cybersecurity consultant.
Define Your Target Market
Do not forget that cybersecurity has many fields, so always choose where to focus. Also, in this decision, your skillset is needed and align with the market analysis.
Find The Right Location
Fortunately, whenever we are cybersecurity is demanded. However, it is better to choose the best location to start.