Watch out for these effects of computer viruses so you will know when a virus is intruding on your system.
Effects of Computer Virus
1. The computer will not boot if infected by a virus. You might need to install a fresh operating system to be able to use it again.
2. The computer becomes very slow and takes a long time to open files or programs.
3. Some files or programs are missing or corrupted, you can’t access them anymore.
4. Your computer might not be able to connect to the internet because the virus is blocking your computer online.
5. Files become encrypted and you can’t open them anymore. So you have to decrypt them first before opening them again.
6. The computer screen becomes infected with strange characters that are hard to read or understand, making the situation very confusing for you.
7. The mouse arrow freezes sometimes at random intervals, making it hard for you to continue working on your program or document, which is annoying and frustrating at the same time.
8. A new program or process will be running on your computer without your knowledge. You might also notice that your computer is using more memory than usual, which will slow it down more.
9. A blue screen of death will appear on your screen.
10. Your computer starts to act strangely and you can’t do anything about it anymore.
11. You can’t view files that are protected by password or encryption anymore, so you have to decrypt them again before viewing them again.
12. The computer freezes randomly and doesn’t respond anymore, forcing you to restart it manually, which is annoying especially if you are in the middle of important work on the computer.
13. Every time you boot the machine, the virus will run automatically before your operating system starts up, slowing down your computer more and more with each reboot.
How Antivirus Software Can Help
You can improve your computer’s performance by using antivirus software. It is important to have an antivirus on your computer because it will help you avoid the effects of computer viruses. This software will scan your computer for any viruses on your machine. If you are already infected, it will destroy the virus by removing the file or program that contains it or by removing it directly from your machine.
Antivirus software can be purchased from any computer store or ordered online, but you should make sure that the one you are using is always updated. Otherwise, you are running the risk of not being able to detect some of the newest viruses that are created every day.
This way, you can enjoy using your computer without worrying about any virus intruding and damaging your machine and files. Also, try to keep your operating system and application program up-to-date so that they can easily detect and eliminate any new viruses that might come along and infect your computer system and files and programs.