Here is the list of computer security types, threats, also vulnerabilities, and many more. So this is a list of anything that could add some knowledge about computer security.
Introduction About Computer Security
Computer security or also know as IT security is the safety of the information security system. This serves as a shield from the following:
- damage to the hardware also software
- the leak of the information
- also, the disorder of the services.
Moreover, it covered the following:
- Physical access to the hardware
- Risk in network access.
- Data and code injection
- Lastly, malpractice by operators
These are against the following:
- tricked situation
The Concerns Of The Computer Security are the following:
- Confidentiality – access should limits to authorized users only. Also, all the data resources and information.
- Integrity – Modifying the data to only authorized users of course.
- Availability – data is should be available when needed. Of course, only to those who are authorized
The List Of Computer Security Types
So computer security has many types. Also, every type has a different function.
Application is the growth of the security features. So it can help prevent a cyber risk.
Threats that can prevent application security are the following:
- Denial of service attacks
- SQL injection
- Data breaches
Moreover, some of the application security tools and strategy are the following:
- antivirus software
- web application firewall
Also, this web application firewall is created to protect the web. Moreover, it is working as a filter to check HTTP harmful traffic.
Lastly, the Web application has a lot of firewalls such as:
- F5 Advanced WAF
- Fortinet FortiWeb
- Citrix NetScaler App Firewall
- Radware AppWall
- Symantec WAF
- Imperva WAF
- Barracuda WAF
- Sophos XG Firewall\
The Categories are the following list:
- Input Validation – for correct testing of any input.
- Authorization – This is a security mechanism that defines the user privileges and also its access
- Session management – This is used by web containers. Moreover, the purpose is to ensure multiple requests in service.
- Parameter Tampering – This is the strategy where malicious hackers attempt to jeopardize.
In this type of computer security, it refers to the process and methodology. For the purpose of securing the CIA of the computer system from any unfortunate situation.
CIA stands for Confidentiality, Intelligence, and Availability of the Data information.
This type is the process of limiting and defending against unauthorized invasion.
Strategy to improve your network security and also some of its components are the following:
- Application Security
- Antivirus software
- Data Loss Prevention
- Network segmentation
- Web security
- Wireless security
- Virtual private network or the widely known VPN
- Email Security
- Behavioral Analytics
List Of Computer Security Vulnerabilities
Here is the list of computer security vulnerabilities that you might also encounter:
- OS command injection
- Missing data encryption
- SQL injection
- Buffer overflow
- Missing sanction
- Disappeared authentication for critical function
- Dependence on trusted inputs
- Cross-site scripting and fraud
- Use of shattered algorithms
- URL redirection to untrusted sites
- Path traversal
- Software with an infected virus
- Weak passwords
But, the list keeps adding and adding as threats are upgrading.